Monday, March 30, 2015

OK so something fun today for Easter. I have been working on this for the past couple of days and between work and kids its been slower than I would have liked, so I apologize, but it is up before Easter! If you are needing some cute ideas to add to your spring and Easter decor her you go!

First off I wanted to make a cute table runner that went with this spring holiday. I love burlap. Its fun and easy to incorporate into a lot of different kinds of projects. I especially love it cause it adds that rustic feel that I LOVE! I got on my Cricut Explore and went to town. They (Cricut) have fabulous products like the iron-on material that is easy to cut into anything your heart desires and iron-on to any fabric. It went on brilliantly to the burlap and it turned out so cute. 

To finish off my table runner I purchased some tulips from Wal-Mart for $6. Then Hobby Lobby was having 50% off their metal works so I picked these very rustic and adorable metal containers to put the flowers in. I loved how simple and easy this was and how it just completes the table with color and a touch a spring that I was going for.


I simply used coordinating thread and just strung them on the thread with a needle. My daughter loved helping me and this whole process took maybe 20 minutes. That is my kind of project!





To go with my cute pom-pom garland I for sure needed an Easter sign. Once again I hopped (no pun intended;) and cut out some bunnies matching the ones from my table runner and then chose a cute font called Dinosaur Tracks to spell the words 'Happy Easter' I simply hot glued the letters and bunnies onto some Jute and strung that up to finish my garland and the rest of my Easter decor. I was happy with the way it turned out.
                                      

Easter at my house is religious for us, but having kids we also enjoy the fun part of it with the Easter Bunny and eggs hunts and all that goes along with that. I felt like I was able to create some fun decor to bring out the fun of Easter and spring while still complementing my rustic flavor and loved the results. I hope that you all have a fabulous Easter, and that some of these project get you more excited about this awesome time of year. Happy Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment